CleanMyMac or Mackeeper, which one should we pick to clean-up and optimize the Mac? What actually makes differences between them? Look at the following comparison table for more specific details.
CleanMyMac 3 vs Mackeeper 2016
- Main Features
- Beautiful and Smart Interface
- Simple to use - Finish tasks in less than 3 clicks
- Mail Attachment
- Large & Old Files
- Trash Bin
- Smart Uninstaller
- Duplicate Finder
- Memory Cleaner
- File Recovery
- Data Encryptor
- Login items
- Update Tracker
- Internet Security
- CleanMyMac 3
- Clean, optimize, maintain, and monitors the health of your Mac by scanning every inch of your system, removing gigabytes of junk in just 2 clicks.
- Scan & Clean-up System Junk
Scan & Clean-up Photo Junk
Scan & Clean-up Tunes Junk
- Delete unwanted files or folders
- Remove applications the right way
- Remove or disable widgets, Application plugins, Login items, Preference Panes,...
- Remove borrowing traces
- Improves disk performance
Resolves various application errors
Improves search performance
- Allows to clean up to 500 MB
allows to use 3 of the Maintenance utilities
- $39.95 - Single License
$59.95 - License for 2 Macs
$89.95 - License for 5 Macs
- MacKeeper is the cleaning, security, and optimization service with 16 tools to keep your Mac clean, protected, fast, and less complicated.
- Remove unneeded part of Applications
Remove System & user cache files
Remove system & user log files
- Rescue lost files
- Hide private files in a safe place
- Define which apps will startup during Mac's Login
- Define out-of-date Applications
- Data is safe with backup function
- Protect the Mac from virus, spyware, malware on internet
- Track location when the Mac gets lost or stolen
- 15 day free trial in limited functions
- $14.95 - Basic 1-month
$59.64 - Standard 6-month
$95.40 - Premium 12-month
$118.8 - Premium 24-month
- Functionality: All listed features indicates that CleanMyMac seems to be a better choice to just clean-up, optimize the system’s performance. However, MacKeeper comes with some more features that sound good: File Recovery, Data Encryptor, Internet Security and Anti-Theft.
- Price: MacKeeper offers subscription plans for so much expensive cost ($95.40/year) relative to CleanMyMac 3 ($27.97).
- Reviews from real users: Macpaw is actually gaining better reputation on CleanMyMac 3 product. In another hand, too many users including researchers give warn of that it’s totally unsafe for using MacKeeper. This app is even supposed to be a malicious software.
CleanMyMac vs MacKeepr – My pick
I personally hate the way MacKeeper promotes their product by spamming and pop-up everywhere on internet. That’s not a good marketing strategy for a professional company that create good products.
I actually bought CleanMyMac 3 to make my Mac light everyday. If I need to recover lost file, there are some free recovery apps such as Data Recovery Free can be helpful. If I need to protect my mac from virus, I would stand for Kaspersky Antivirus. Hopefully my review would help.